Associate Patent Attorney
I work at Talem IP Law as an Associate Patent Attorney. I write and prosecute patents before the United States Patent & Trademark Office on behalf of our clients. I also work to protect our clients’ other intellectual property needs, including trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, as well as contracts and licensing agreements related to their intellectual property.
Currently, I am the IP Symposium Sponsorship Chair for the Florida Bar Business Section, a member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar, and a member of the American Bar Association. I also participate in the Patent Pro Bono FL through the Arts & Business Council of Miami and facilitate meetings between UF Law students and attorneys at Talem IP Law to help the students understand the life and career of an IP attorney.
Outside of work, I enjoy my faith, my family, and sports (especially football and basketball). I also enjoy being outdoors and exploring the many different outdoor activities that Florida has to offer.
Florida Bar (2017) & USPTO (2016)
UF Levin College of Law (2014-2017), Juris Doctor
- Graduated with a certificate in Intellectual Property
- Member of the UF Law Student Recruitment Team
West Virginia University (2006-2011), B.S. in Civil Engineering, B.S. in Mining Engineering
- Member of the Society of Mining Engineers
“Anatomy of a Software License,” Association of University Technology Managers Conference in Pittsburgh, PA on May 10, 2018.
- Mechanical – mining/drilling, oil and gas technology, pumps and pumping systems, machinery, robotics, drones, mechanical devices, generators and engines.
- Energy Technology – Battery, solar energy, wind/fluid energy
- Environmental Technology – Water/Wastewater Treatment
- Software inventions related to mechanical devices
- Contracts and Licensing Agreements
- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Claim Scope and Infringement Analysis
- Patentability Opinions
- Trademark Opinions
- Florida Bar IP Symposium Sponsorship Chair
- Member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Member of the American Bar Association